We are excited to get back behind the chair to empower you to look and feel amazing. It is our intention to ensure the health and safety of both guests and team alike. In working with WorkSafeBC we aim to transparently share the changes we have made to be Loyal to Safety to set realistic expectations.
It is important to emphasize that the new way we work will be different. Meaning, we need your support. Patience and understanding is essential to meet the enhanced degree of sanitation and guests will be serviced differently. The intention is to ensure the health and safety of everyone to reduce transmission and infection that could cause a second wave of the disease. These are the recommendations of the Provincial Health Officer & WorkSafeBC.
Our new philosophy is clinically clean meaning that our operations aim to mirror that of professional medical establishments. We all must stay 100% committed to limiting the points of transmission of COVID-19.
1. Guests who had existing appointments in March, April & May will be contacted first.
2. Appointments will be booked on a first call first booked basis.
3. No tentative appointment holds are accepted.
4. If you leave a voicemail a response will be delayed due to limited staff capacity, e-mail is preferred.
5. One appointment will be booked at a time.
6. Kids cuts are limited to those who are able to enter the salon unaccompanied and must be an existing client.
7. We have extended our salon hours to accommodate smaller shifts to ensure physical distancing.
8. Online booking will be activated in Phase 3 of re-opening, after pre-existing guests are accommodated.
9. Memberships are suspended until further notice due to booking capacity.
Our Loyal to Safety Plan
Our Commitment to Protect our Guests & Team
1. Hours: We have extended operating hours to minimize how many Service Providers are in the salon at one time.
2. Scheduling: We have limited the maximum amount of staff to maximum of 3 Team Members per shift with Receptionists working remotely where possible.
3. Client Scheduling: Only booked Guests may enter the salon or those intending to purchase retail. The exception is made of elderly or vulnerable populations who require a caregiver for assistance, however the caregiver must wait in their car or out of the salon.
We ask that no family, pets or children wait in the salon with you at any point.
4. Waiting Area: Only arrive at your exact appointment time. There is no space to wait inside the salon. Please wait in your car or outside until your Service Provider is ready.
1. Station Separation: As space is limited in our 947 square foot space, 3’x5’ plexi glass screens have been installed between all working stations, shampoo basins and front desk to protect workers and guests.
2. Seating Arrangements: Excess chairs, seating and tables have been removed to encourage physical distancing.
3. Ventilation: The space contains two air distribution units with clean filtration systems that have been professionally serviced & maintained.
Before, Entering the Salon & Reception:
1. Zero Tolerance Sick Policy: Team Members or Guests are not permitted in the space if they are exhibiting influenza or cold like symptoms. Team Members & Guests must stay home when sick and appointments will be automatically re-scheduled.
2. Client Pre-Screening: Guests must answer questions during the confirmation process and verify they have not exhibited symptoms in the past 14 days and/or have been in contact with any individual with symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone who answers, ‘yes’ MUST be turned away.
a. Q #1: ‘Do you or have you had any illness related symptoms in 14 days?’
b. Q #2: ‘Have you been in contact with any individual with symptoms and/or has COVID-19’3. Sanitation Station: Upon entering the salon everyone must immediately wash their hands for 20 seconds and apply hand sanitizer.
4. Client Physical Screening: All Guests must have their temperatures taken via touchless thermometer upon arriving for an appointment. Anyone with a temperature above 38° will be turned away.
5. Device Disinfection: Client mobile devices and computers must be wiped down prior to use in the salon.
6. Personal Belongings: All belongings must be kept at your designated station, this includes jackets, bags and large electronics.
7. Frequently Touched Surfaces: Must be cleaned with sanitizer very 2 hours (tables, counters, telephone, toilets and electronic accessories) and every hour for door handles, faucets.
8. Debit Machine, iPads & All Client Facing Items: All client facing devices must be disinfected after each use.
9. Payments: No cash payments are accepted moving forward, all payments must be made through debit or credit and touchless where appropriate.
10. Retail: Please do not touch products. A Team Member will be happy to hand you products to limit cross contamination. All shelves and retail must be cleaned daily.
11. Beverage Service: No beverages will be served with the exception of bottled water. Please note, Guests will be wearing a mask at all times making drinking very difficult.
Tools, Chair & Service Specifics
1. Service Providers: Will ensure that between every client they practice person hygiene (hand washing), where appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (described subsequently) and follow all health and safety guidelines.
2. Disposable Towels: Disposable towels must be used for every service. These towels are then recycled using our Green Circle Recycling program.
3. Tools: Every Service Provider will ensure all tools are disinfected and sanitized after every client. All tools must be washed in water and soap, then disinfected. This includes all combs, brushes, scissors, razors, clips and hot tools.
4. Dry Cutting: No dry cutting is permitted to limit the spread of any disease found on unwashed hair.
5. Sanek Strips: Must be used to line all necks and capes and disposed of post service.
6. Workstation: Hair is swept off the floor and chair, styling chair is wiped down between each client, trolley and tools must be cleaned between Guests. No towels will be placed and/or reused on trolleys.
7. Shampoo Basins: Disinfected and clean after each use and confirmed by placing a clean, disposable towel on the neck rest.
8. Shampoo & Colour Tools: All cleaned & sanitized prior to the client coming to the chair. Disinfected tools are stored out of the Lather Lounge to confirm cleanliness.
Personal Protective Equipment:
1. Masks: All Service Providers and Guests must wear masks while services are being performed.
2. Gloves: Do not substitute handwashing.
a. Gloves must be changed after carrying out activities such as emptying bins, applying colour and always between each client.
b. Must be disposable and may not be re-used.
3. Aprons: Must be changed and washed between each client.