YOUR EASY GUIDE TO GORGEOUS HOLIDAY HAIR
The holiday season is officially here and you are probably finding yourself going from one holiday event to the next. Whether it’s a classy work party, a cozy family gathering, or date night with your honey, we want to look our best.
But the winter’s cold, brittle air, all that partying, and the holiday hustle and bustle can wreak havoc on our stands. Not to mention the dread we all feel when we want to “do something different” to change up our look for that special event.
Colin Ford, brand director for Loyal Hair, tells us everything we need to know about getting holiday-perfect hair, whether visiting your stylist in the salon or doing it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
HALF UP TOP KNOT
- Add texture to hair using flat iron in twisting and pulling motion, taking sections randomly
- Apply Kérastase’s Spray à Porter for soft texture
- Using your fingers, take a rough section from just below recession going back
- Secure the section with a ponytail
- Lightly backcomb with fingers and tie ponytail in a knot
- Adjust the position of knot and secure with bobby pins
- To finish, spray Kérastase Laque Noire – Extra-Strong Hold Hairspray
THE TOUSLED LOOK
- Prep hair with SASHAJUAN’s Hair Repair for intensive hair treatment with Ocean Silk Technology
- Blow dry with a large round brush
- Spray SACHAJUAN’s Volume Powder from roots to ends and dry into hair to create volume and structure
- Taking 2″ square sections, curl with 1 1/4″ barrel curling iron leaving the ends out
- Alternate directions of the curl to achieve the tousled look
- Spray with SACHAJUAN’s Hairspray Light and Flexible for a soft finish
THE FISHTAIL BRAID
- Apply SASHAJUAN’s Ocean Mist Shampoo to add texture
- Pull hair over to one side and separate in two sections
- Starting from chin level on the outer side of the sections, pass a small sub section of hair from one section to the opposite side
- Repeat until you reach the ends
- Secure with an elastic of your choice
- For final look lightly pull apart the braid for an undone look and spray with Kérastase’s Laque Dentelle Light Hold Hairspray
The holidays don’t have to be a stressful time of the year, and that includes your hair! Our advice is to keep things simple, book your stylist in advance, and make sure to have all the essentials on hand for any quick fixes.